Thursday 22 October 2015

Question 1: What have you learned during the making of your preliminary task?

Throughout the development of this preliminary task, I have picked up a number of skills that will help me in our main task.

Firstly, this task has allowed me in gain hands on experience with the DCLRs. From physically handling the camera confidently and making effective use of the tripod to knowing how to take footage and watch it back. Therefore, when it comes to the main task, I will be able to fufill the role of filming effectively and when needed.

Secondly, the use of storyboards. Before, I didn't consider the importance of storyboarding and the impact it can have on the production on a whole. However, now I understand how helpful it is; giving you an idea of how your film will look and helping you remember dialogue and camera shots. Therefore, when it comes to the main task I can effectively generate and use my storyboard to help visualise my ideas.

The preliminary task also introduced me to Premier Pro. This is the editing software that we used and will also use in the main task. I have learnt the basis of this software, including how to import and edit footage and sound. Therefore, I can confidentially fulfil the role of editing in the main task.

No comments:

Post a Comment